To Encourage and Support Education in the field of School Library Science
SLMSSENY is seeking applications from individuals who are:
1. Students currently enrolled in a program leading to certification as a School Library Media Specialist
2. New York State certified school library media specialists looking to further their professional growth and development through continuing education within the field of library studies/technology.
For the 2019 year, one scholarship will be given, totaling up to $500. The committee reserves the right to divide the awards in the event of a tie.
1. An applicant working towards an MLS degree (must be a student member of SLMSSENY).
3. A certified school library media specialist currently employed in the SLMSSENY seven county region who is pursuing professional development in the field of library studies (must be a regular member of SLMSSENY).
Complete the form below.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review and Selection Process
Each application will be evaluated by a blind selection process done through a set committee of Executive Board Members.
Terms of Acceptance
It is the responsibility of the winners to present the SLMSSENY Awards Chair with proof of enrollment, attendance, and completion (bursar's receipts and transcripts) in:
1. an ALA accredited MLS program or
2. a program of continuing education that encourages growth and development in the library field.
Student applicants agree, upon completion of studies, to seek employment as a school librarian in Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster or Westchester counties.
Recognition of Recipient
The recipient/s will be recognized at our annual symposium. Award winners are encouraged to attend.
A letter will be sent to the winner's principal and superintendent, if applicable.