Florida Union Free School District JOB POSTING
Post date: Oct 6, 2017 2:31:21 PM
It is anticipated that the District will have an opening for a Library Media Specialist. This is a full time, tenure track position. Applicants who possess the following credentials are invited to apply, via OLAS only:
Required: NYS certification as a Library Media Specialist Additional Preferred Qualifications:
● NYS certification in English or Literacy preferred and experience with improving student literacy and achievement outcomes
● Deep understanding of best/current practices in educational technology and the ability to team teach and support the school’s progressive curriculum
● Technologically savvy; can support colleagues in technology integration
● Provide ongoing strategic planning for the library that aligns with technology and other school/District plans to include budget management
● Experience working with OPALS and other library management systems
Additionally: The District looks to employ professionals who: are excellent communicators, have the ability to reflect upon current practices and improve all areas of the school, and who seek to become members of a team of excellence.
Applications will be accepted until October 13, 2017.